Rstudio-server Shadow graphics device error: r error 4 (R code execution error)

Hi

This error seems to have no current solution and I have tried to reinstall Rstudio-server on a couple of occasions and it still persists. This is the case for the more recent and previous versions of RStudio-Server.

I'd like to add that I only started getting this error when I upgraded to the latest version.
rstudio-server-rhel-1.3.1093-x86_64.rpm
rstudio-server-rhel-1.4.1103-x86_64.rpm

Even more strangely Shiny rendering of Plots (Plotly) and R command line plots are ok when executing simple

plot(cars)

However, plotting just doesn't work on RStudio and upgrading has cost me a whole morning of work trying to figure this out. I'd appreciate any help and some root cause investigation. Also happy to assist in any way to make sure this doesn't persist.

Regards

R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.3 (Ootpa)

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /usr/local/lib64/R/lib/libRblas.so
LAPACK: /usr/local/lib64/R/lib/libRlapack.so

locale:
[1] LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8
[5] LC_MONETARY=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_PAPER=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_NAME=C
[9] LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.0.3 tools_4.0.3

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.