Rstudio server start fails on linux redhat 7.3

I am trying to install rstudio server on my Linux redhat 7.3 but . The server is installed but while starting the rserver process it gives error
Error reading /etc/rstudio/rserver.conf: unrecognised option 'admin-enabled'
/sbin/rstudio-server: line 37: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script
Job for rstudio-server.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status rstudio-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

On running systemctl status rstudio-server.service it gives --
rstudio-server.service - RStudio Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rstudio-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Wed 2019-06-26 07:48:38 EDT; 55s ago
Process: 15260 ExecStart=/usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/rserver (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Running journalctl -xe gives
No journal files were found.
-- No entries --

R is also installed
R version 3.4.2 (2017-09-28) -- "Short Summer"
Copyright (C) 2017 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)

I tried changing the rserver.conf file removing admin-enabled and admin-group options as suggested by some online posts but still the server activation fails.
It's been 2 days am searching for this but no luck.

Hi Ashutosh,

Simply delete the /etc/rstudio/rserver.conf file by using root access.
you're using the open-source version of RStudio Server, which doesn't allow for the use of the admin dashboard, please [read here]

Then simply rstudio start from the RHEL console and login to the rstudio via your local host on the web browser on port 8787.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.