RStudio spiking memory usage and disk usage for basic commands

Hi,

RStudio is hijacking my machine (both disk and memory usage) for very basic R commands making my machine useless and forcing me to reboot. I Have been experiencing this for the past 2 days. In an attempt to fix the issue, I upgraded R version from version 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and upgraded RStudio version from 1.1.453 to 1.1.463, but I am still facing the same issue.

I am using windows 10, and have all device drivers updated. My machine has 12 GB of RAM, and 633 GB of free space.

Can you please let me know whether there is any diagnostic file I can upload so that you could help me fix the issue?

One place RStudio interacts very strongly with the OS is in the git tab and Files tab. So (not a fix) an experiment I would suggest is seeing if you see these problems when these windows are not visible (as that seems to stop them from updating as often). To do that just click on different tabs in those windows (such as "Build" and "Help"). If that hides the problem then I would suspect a large file in the git path or something else about file-system and RStudio interaction (such as remote directories).

Thanks for the suggestion. I use neither git nor the Build Configuration tools within R Studio.

Do you have any better luck with the preview release?

Do you see this issue in all projects, or only certain ones?

I just upgraded to the preview release and I am seeing the same issue. I see this issue in all projects, not only certain ones.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.