Rstudio Starting Error

HI,

Error Information: ERROR directory_reader

My Rstudio kept aborting sessions yesterday, then today it will not open at all.
I tried uninstalling R and Rstudio, restarting my computer, and then reinstalling R followed by Rstudio. Next I deleted all the .Rdata files on my computer. Then I tried removing and reinstalling a second time. I updated the windows environment variable for R. The error message was the same after every attempted fix.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: Cherry Blossom (2023)
  • OS Version: Windows 11
  • R Version: latest
  • No output emitted

Full page description of error:

Studio 2023.03.1+446 "Cherry Blossom " (6e31ffc3, 2023-05-09) for windows [No error available] [2312:20372:20230601,153257.178:ERROR directory_reader_win.cc:43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)

OUTPUT

[No output emitted] C:/Users/Aramee/AppData/Local/RStudio/log/rsession-Aramee.log 2023-06-01T22:32:57.017837Z [rsession-Aramee] ERROR system error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified) [path: %SYSTEMROOT%/System32/OpenSSH/, path: pdflatex.bat]; OCCURRED AT class rstudio::core::Error __cdecl rstudio::core::FilePath::completeChildPath(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,class rstudio::core::FilePath &) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:772 2023-06-01T22:32:57.017837Z [rsession-Aramee] ERROR system error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified) [path: %SYSTEMROOT%/System32/OpenSSH/, path: pdflatex.cmd]; OCCURRED AT class rstudio::core::Error __cdecl rstudio::core::FilePath::completeChildPath(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,class rstudio::core::FilePath &) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:772 2023-06-01T22:32:57.017837Z [rsession-Aramee] ERROR system error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified) [path: %SYSTEMROOT%/System32/OpenSSH/, path: pdflatex.cmd]; OCCURRED AT class rstudio::core::Error __cdecl rstudio::core::FilePath::completeChildPath(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,class rstudio::core::FilePath &) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:772

Sys.which("R")

What is the value of your PATH?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.