RStudio Suddenly Won't Open

I came back from Thanksgiving Break and suddenly my RStudio won't even open. I can double click it, right click it and "open" and nothing works anymore.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still doesn't work. Holding down CTRL and clicking has also not worked. I don't think it is my McAfee since I have had that all semester and never had a problem.

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: RStudio-1.3.1093.exe
  • OS Version: Windows 10
  • R Version: 4.0.3
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible):

Typed in the R:

Location of RStudio (File Path):
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin

My latest log file is:
14 Nov 2020 01:45:01 [rsession-jacob] ERROR system error 10053 (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine)

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

Have you tried resetting RStudio's state?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

I followed the link you attached to rename the folders (directories) and change the preferences. It still does not work. I then removed the directories by deleting them to see if that would work. Every time after deleting or renaming, once I try to open RStudio, the "RStudio - Desktop" directory reappears with only one folder inside it called "log" with nothing in that folder.