RStudio version 1.2.5033 "Error in loadNamespace" for all packages

Hello,

I upgraded R 3.6.2 and R studio to 1.2.5033 today, but since then I have been unable to install.packages in R markdown. I was able to do so on the previous version of R Studio, prior to upgrading the version.

Error Information:

Description of issue - I installed the new R versions without any issues, and they load okay, but I continue to get an error when I try tto install or load any packages in R Markdown. The error (for all package) is:

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
there is no package called ‘xfun’

Installing packages seems to work using an R script, but initially, I got an error "unexpected exception" and that "R encountered a fatal error. The session was terminated."

Steps taken so far - I have uninstalled and reinstalled R and R studio, and restarted my laptop following each installation. But quite stuck on what to do besides this.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 1.2.5033
  • OS Version: Windows 10
  • R Version: 3.6.2

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am quite new to R!

On windows each version of R gets installed independently (with its own library), have you copied your packages from the old library path to the new one and update them with checkBuilt=TRUE?

You can follow the official CRAN instructions to upgrade your library
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#What_0027s-the-best-way-to-upgrade_003f

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.