Hello RStudio Community,
I updated my graphics drivers last night and since then RStudio is unable to open on my computer. The loading wheel shows next to my cursor for a few seconds and then stops while nothing happens. The regular R gui works fine though.
I feel I have exhausted every solution on the internet. Here is what I have tried so far:
- Reset RStudio's state
- Delete R startup files, verify R installation location, check folder permissions, whitelist Rstudio from Windows Virus/Threat Protections, and run an RStudio diagnostic report
- This report is not produced and the diagnostic window only shows the following text "C:\Program Files\RStudio>"
- Reinstall RStudio
- Install previous version of RStudio
- Reinstall R
- Install previous version of R
- Delete .Rproj.user folder
- Hold CTRL while launching RStudio (does nothing, as RStudio won't run at all)
- Check task manager (there is no running RStudio process)
- Revert to old graphics drivers
- Restore Windows to a previous session
One weird thing was when I reverted Windows it actually said it was not successful because it could not delete files from one of my R project folders. This folder is located in a cloud-based folder though, so it may have been a cloud-syncing issue. This message was rather vague though because I am not sure if the restore partially worked or did not work at all. *****Edit: When I open the restore window it says that the restore did happen because it offers to undo the restore.
Does anyone have any other suggestions to try and fix this? I can't believe that this issue is still persisting after going through so much troubleshooting.