RStudio will not open on Windows anymore

Hello RStudio Community,

I updated my graphics drivers last night and since then RStudio is unable to open on my computer. The loading wheel shows next to my cursor for a few seconds and then stops while nothing happens. The regular R gui works fine though.

I feel I have exhausted every solution on the internet. Here is what I have tried so far:

One weird thing was when I reverted Windows it actually said it was not successful because it could not delete files from one of my R project folders. This folder is located in a cloud-based folder though, so it may have been a cloud-syncing issue. This message was rather vague though because I am not sure if the restore partially worked or did not work at all. *****Edit: When I open the restore window it says that the restore did happen because it offers to undo the restore.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try and fix this? I can't believe that this issue is still persisting after going through so much troubleshooting.

1 Like

Hi twizler,
I've had the same issue for over two weeks. I've also tried all of those steps to no avail. The only thing that has worked for me is to revert to the old RStudio version 1.1.463 from 2018. This is only a temporary fix for me as I will need some of the functionality in newer RStudio versions. I've tried all of the more recent versions but get the same issue. Hoping somebody can come up with some advice as this is really frustrating.

1 Like

Hey Peter,

I eventually gave in to doing a full system factory restore. This solved my issue, but has been quite a headache dealing with reorganizing documents and redownloading all my software

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.