RStudio Will Not Start After Reinstallation

Error Information:

Description of issue - I received a notification that a new version of RStudio was available, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded R and RStudio. Now, RStudio will not start. I have tried downloading older versions of RStudio, and even the version that I had originally will no longer work. What can I do to fix this?

Attempted steps taken to fix - I restarted my computer after each uninstallation and reinstallation. I went through my files in ~/Library and deleted those that refer to R or RStudio, then emptied my trash. I have checked my firewall and proxy settings. I have tried several different versions of both R and RStudio.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: RStudio 2022.02.0
  • OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • R Version: 4.2.1
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible):

R Session Startup Failure Report

RStudio Version

RStudio 2022.02.0+443, "Prairie Trillium" (9f796939, 2022-02-16) for macOS

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.10 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

Error message

[No error available]

Process Output

The R session exited with code 1.

Error output:

[No errors emitted]

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

Logs

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

Just to say I'm experiencing the same issue with the latest install. Open topic

Have you tried resetting RStudio's state?

Yes, I have tried resetting RStudio's state, with no luck :frowning:

Just posted this on my topic of the same issue. Look for any .RData files in your documents or wherever you have R installed. We removed an old R Workspace file that was located in my documents and everything opened up fine.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.