RStudio will not start up.

Error Information:

Description of issue - When I try to run RStudios the icon appears in my taskbar however when i click the icon nothing happens. When I hover over the icon it shows a blank white box. RStudio is running however as it shows that it is using memory and cpu in task manager.

Attempted steps taken to fix - I have uninstalled Rstudio and redownloaded, uninstalled R and redownloaded. I have unistalled both R and RStudio at the same time and at different times. I have followed the steps from https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200488508-RStudio-Desktop-Will-Not-Start but nothing seems to work there.

What has worked for me is going back to RStudio 1.0.153, however this is not the most up to date version of RStudios so it will work for me in the short-term but it would be prefferable if I could get the most recent RStudios to work.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: Latest RStudio (1.2.1335)
  • OS Version: Windows 10 64-Bit
  • R Version: 3.5.3
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible): Unable

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.