RStudio won't open!
Some attempts I've taken to resolve this:
- run RStudio as an administrator
- run diagnostics using the Run application and inputting "C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\Run Diagnostics.lnk". This only opened a command prompt with directory pointed at "C:\Program Files\RStudio", but no movement.
- Changed the shortcut name from "Run Diagnostics" to "Run_Diagnostics" and attempted to run diagnostics using the Run application and inputting "C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\Run_Diagnostics.lnk". Again, this only opened a command prompt with directory pointed at "C:\Program Files\RStudio", but no movement.
- Made sure that R itself opens (it does).
- I have a versions of R. Hitting ctrl while starting RStudio does nothing.
- After renaming my local appdata folder (locating it using %localappdata%\RStudio-Desktop), I uninstalled RStudio using the windows uninstaller and reinstalled the application. Still, RStudio won't open.
- rsession.exe exists!
- I use a Windows 10 and have recently updated it.
- I don't have Kaspersky anti-viral. I use windows defender for security
- There are many "AppCrash" reports (.WER) in C:\Windows.old\Users[myusername]\Recent\AppCrash_rstudio.exe
- RStudio Edition: Desktop
- RStudio Version: 1.1.453
- OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803)...Installed on 7/16/2018
- R Version: 3.5.1
- Your `sessionInfo(): ??
Crash Report:How do you do this for Windows 10?
- RStudio diagnostics report: Didn't work.
- RStudio application log files: What am I looking for?