Rstudio won't open, Studio 2023.03.0+386 "Cherry Blossom " (3c53477a, 2023-03-09) for Windows

My Rstudio doesn't open. It worked until last weekend but I tried to reopen but it's not working at all.
I reinstalled R and Rstudio but it's still the same.
I only have one version of R right now so version shouldn't matter with this issue.
I see some topics with same issue. did anyone fix it?

Problem Report

R Session Startup Failure Report

RStudio Version

RStudio 2023.03.0+386 "Cherry Blossom " (3c53477a, 2023-03-09) for Windows

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) RStudio/2023.03.0+386 Chrome/108.0.5359.179 Electron/22.0.3 Safari/537.36

Error message

[No error available]

Process Output

The R session exited with code 3221225477.

Error output:

[No errors emitted]

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

Logs

C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/RStudio/log/rsession-admin.log

2023-04-26T14:44:54.081468Z [rsession-admin] ERROR system error 42 (Unknown error (42)) [str: 가져오기, len: 12, from: UTF-8, to: ISO8859-1]; OCCURRED AT class rstudio::core::Error __cdecl rstudio::r::util::`anonymous-namespace'::iconvstrImpl(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,bool,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > *) src/cpp/r/RUtil.cpp:187; LOGGED FROM: class rstudio::core::Error __cdecl rstudio::session::modules::spelling::`anonymous-namespace'::checkSpelling(const struct rstudio::core::json::JsonRpcRequest &,class rstudio::core::json::JsonRpcResponse *) C:\Users\jenkins\workspace\ide\open-source-pipeline\elsbeth-geranium\src\cpp\session\modules\SessionSpelling.cpp:225
2023-04-26T14:44:57.824283Z [rsession-admin] WARNING Process supervisor did not terminate within 1 second; LOGGED FROM: void __cdecl `anonymous-namespace'::rCleanup(bool) C:\Users\jenkins\workspace\ide\open-source-pipeline\elsbeth-geranium\src\cpp\session\SessionMain.cpp:1334
2023-04-26T14:44:57.824283Z [rsession-admin] WARNING Process supervisor did not terminate within 1 second; LOGGED FROM: void __cdecl `anonymous-namespace'::rCleanup(bool) C:\Users\jenkins\workspace\ide\open-source-pipeline\elsbeth-geranium\src\cpp\session\SessionMain.cpp:1334

Hi @ssoy
Try this to "force" RStudio to use your installed R-4.3.0 version:
When the "Choose R Installation" window opens, click the "Choose a specific version of R" button, and click on the "R-4.3.0" line, then click OK.
After that, it should work OK every time you open RStudio.

I also have this problem.

I have reinstalled R and Rstudio multiple times, but can't seem to solve this issue.

Hi. I have the same issue.
I've tried the RStudio 2023.03.0+386 with at least 5 versions of R and it only opened up the console/environment page with the R-3.3.0-win. Problem is it seems some packages are missing and I'm unable to import datasets with text (readr or other form)

I uninstalled and tried reinstalling both R and RStudio but no luck so far.

I'm new to data analytics and need this to run my e-course. Can someone help?

Quick update on the above:

RStudio-2022.02.0-443 works perfectly with the latest version of R. Thought I'd try a few more older versions and this was it.
Hopefully, there won't be any other issues with this

Rstudio 2022.02.0 version also works for me right now. I can finally open a project.

Thanks.

1 Like

That's great. Happy to help

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.