rstudio won't start on ubuntu 20.04

Hi everyone!

I'm having problems with rstudio on ubuntu 20.04: I compiled R 3.6.3 and installed the latest version of Rstudio from the proper .deb package. Whenever I try to launch rstudio from terminal i get this error:

/usr/lib/rstudio/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess: /lib/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/rstudio/libexec/../lib/libQt5Positioning.so.5) /usr/lib/rstudio/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess: /lib/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2)
/usr/lib/rstudio/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Many people online suggest to update libc6 but when I try to do that, the terminal says I already have the last version on libc6 (2.31). Do you have any idea?

Regards,
Stefano

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.