Running out of memory

Hi,

First post to the community.

I have several r scripts I am prepared to run in production. I am in the final quality control steps. I am successful to run the scripts in both the R console and Bash terminal without errors. I run out of memory in both the R console and Bash terminal windows, chopping off the script outputs to the respective console and terminal windows.

QUESTION
What needs to happen in both the R console and Bash terminal to see all of the script lines instead of the earlier lines being chopped off due to running out of memory, please?

Thanks,
Stephen

Welcome aboard.

Not a solution per se but see [ Displaying more than 1000 lines in the R Studio console?](Displaying more than 1000 lines in the R Studio console? - #7 by AJHatswell)
for a discussion of approaches and workarounds. RNotebooks sounds interesting

Thanks.

I guess the lack of ability to increase memory buffer is by choice, as there is plenty of other development occurring.

Can you send the lines to a file?
From bash, sending them with something like > myoutput.txt or similar?

Try this: memory.limit(size = 1.7e+13)

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply.

Kindest Regards,
SHD

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed looking into redirecting to a file.

Kindest Regards,
SHD

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.