Running vignette with non-CRAN dependencies

Hi all!

I'm currently developing an R package, which I'm hoping to submit to CRAN soon. My issue is that the package is heavily dependent on R-INLA (non-CRAN package), and so the package's vignette does not build during the CRAN checks. Is there anything I can do about this to get the vignette to compile, or anything I can do to get past the checks?

If R-INLA is in a CRAN-like repository, then you can include that in the Additional_repositories field in DESCRIPTION. See "Writing R Extensions" for the details and search on GitHub for org:cran additional_repositories for examples in other packages.

You won't be able to run the vignette on CRAN, but that's fine, you can still include the built vignette in the package.

1 Like

Thank you so much :grin:!

Here's a how-to for precomputing a vignette: rOpenSci | How to precompute package vignettes or pkgdown articles

You could then add a reminder to update the precomputed vignette in a release_bullets() internal function Create a release checklist in a GitHub issue — use_release_issue • usethis

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.