rworkspaces: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

Good day.

rstudio-workbench-rhel-2021.09.2-382.pro1-x86_64.rpm

Trying to get this to work on Alma Linux 8.5.

I've got my certificate in place, but when rworkspaces tries to start:

[rserver] ERROR rserver-launcher: /usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/rworkspaces: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::server::ProcessMonitor::onProcessStderr(rstudio::server::ProcessMonitor::Process, const string&) src/cpp/server/ServerProcessMonitor.cpp:247

Possibly related to:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1829790

R itself is built from scratch with all the latest programs and libraries and I can ssh into the server and run that R without issue, so I don't believe it's related to that.

One resolution in the bugzilla entry was to delete the libcrypto.so.1.1 from the installed program (as that is where the mismatch is coming from, the reporter mentioned both matlab and scilab having the issue), but the rstudio rpm doesn't seem to provide its own shared crypto file.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Answering my own question.

The R I built from scratch and which works fine from the command line seems to throw this error when launched from rworkspaces. If I download the R .rpm from Rstudio and point at that one, it's fine.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.