paid / London (SE1) / full-time
As a Data Analyst at SamKnows you will work on the national internet measurement studies that we run for Governments across the world. The reports and outputs from these research projects help to improve the internet for everyone. We’re looking for someone to join our established team of analysts. Our ideal colleague is someone who is inquisitive, a problem solver, has experience with R, and is comfortable responding to change as we learn.
- Interpret data, quality check datasets, perform statistical analysis, and produce data
visualizations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare statistical reports, working with analysts and other colleagues.
- Ensure that the work being produced follows established standards.
- Identify and define opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- Work with the Director of Government and Academia to prioritise business and
We’re looking for someone that:
- Has experience using R, SQL (any variant), and Excel.
- Has proven work experience as a data analyst, working with large datasets and
preparing detailed reports.
- Wants to learn more about the internet.
- Knows about statistics to the level of linear regression, confidence intervals,
distributions, and sampling.
- Is organized, attentive to detail, and asks a lot of questions.
Wants to work in a small but established team, with clients across the globe.
- R (including the tidyverse, Shiny, R Markdown, and custom in-house packages).
- BigQuery and MySQL databases.
- Some Excel for data handling.
- GitHub for code versioning.
- Word / InDesign / Keynote for reports and presentations.
- Cloud tools (specifically Asana, Jira, Confluence, and Slack) for project management
- This is what we use, not a shopping list - don’t worry if you only know about some of
What you get from us:
- Autonomy, with real opportunities for growth and development.
- Friendly team, lots of problem solving, and a supportive company culture.
- £1500 training budget, cycle to work scheme, and season ticket loan.
- Private healthcare, pension, and choice of hardware.
A research and monitoring service for internet, in-home and application performance. Founded in 2009, SamKnows is recognised as a leader in internet performance measurement. Over the last 10 years we have built a global measurement platform, considered vital to governments, ISPs and consumers, especially now.
SamKnows welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional needs that require accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Apply to this position