sav Data import on Rstudio

While importing data, variables such as gender which actually categorized as Male, Female are shown on the Rstudio as 1,2. How can I view the data as it is really?

This may depend on where the data is coming from. Are you reading data from a csv file, a database, etc?

Otherwise you could recode the vector. See for example dyplr recode

Could you supply some sample data? A handy way to supply sample data is to use the dput() function. See ?dput. If you have a very large data set then something like head(dput(myfile), 100) will likely supply enough data for us to work with.

The title says "sav Data" so I guess the OP is trying to read an SPSS file and getting labeled variables as numeric values with labels, I would recommend using read_sav() from the haven package.

If you need more specific help, please provide a proper REPRoducible EXample (reprex) illustrating your issue.

Ah yes. I misinterpreted the title.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.