Saving copies of projects in RCloud

I am returning to RStudio Cloud for teaching. I used it well for two years. I created projects and was able to have students open them and save their edits as Permanent Projects.

However, today I have been creating new projects and then looking at them as a 'viewer' . The button "Save as a Permanent Copy" seems to have gone. See image:

This thread says this may be because the project is "derived" Button "Save Permanent Copy" does not appear - yet I have run some test projects that are not derived, and I seem to be getting the same issue.

Hi @James_Curley,

Could you provide the url to one of the new projects with which you are seeing this behavior?

-Josh

I believe this is one where I still see the same issue: https://rstudio.cloud/spaces/80564/project/1491798 thanks.

Hey @James_Curley ,

It turns out that a viewer cannot create projects in a space. It would have to be a contributor to be able to create a permanent copy. Please test with a contributor and let me know how it goes!

-Josh

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.