select/click link in table in R Web scraping through RSelenium

I am learning Web scraping through RSelenium and I having problem to click the link in a table. Here is the sample code showing my problem

rm(list=ls(all=TRUE))
gc()

library(RSelenium)
library(netstat)
library(rvest)
library(tidyverse)
library(data.table)

system("taskkill /im java.exe /f", intern=FALSE, ignore.stdout=FALSE)
driver <- rsDriver(browser=c("chrome"), chromever="106.0.5249.21")
remote_driver <- driver[["client"]]
remote_driver$navigate("http://delcorealestate.co.delaware.pa.us/pt/search/commonsearch.aspx?mode=address")

Agree_button <- remote_driver$findElement(using = 'id', value = "btAgree")
Agree_button$clickElement()

AddDA  <- data.frame(ID = c(1,2), number = c("30", "3"), street = c("HIGHVIEW DR","FOREST RD"))

for (i in 1:nrow(AddDA)) {

CurrID     <- AddDA$ID[i]
  CurrNumber <- AddDA$number[i]
  CurrStreet <- AddDA$street[i] 

# Mimic the process of input N umber and Street
  Number_textfield <- remote_driver$findElement(using = 'id', value = 'inpNumber')
  Number_textfield$sendKeysToElement(list(CurrNumber))

Street_textfield <- remote_driver$findElement(using = 'id', value = 'inpStreet')
  Street_textfield$sendKeysToElement(list(CurrStreet))

Search_button <- remote_driver$findElement(using = 'id', value = "btSearch")
  Search_button$clickElement()

Sys.sleep(5)

# for ID =2, it will return multiple address and I need to select the one I need, but I donot know how to do it
  # element <-  remote_driver$findElement(using = "link text", value = "FOREST RD 3") %>% clickElement()   #  SearchResults
  # element <-  remote_driver$findElement(using = "class", value = "SearchResults") %>% clickElement()   #  SearchResults

# check all the tables and save the data for current step
  # and them go back the search page and do next loop

# here is the step to go back to the search page for next loop
  r_dropdown <- remote_driver$findElement(using = "link text", value = "Property Search Home")
  remote_driver$mouseMoveToLocation(webElement = r_dropdown)
  remote_driver$findElement(using = "link text", value = "Search by Address")$clickElement() 

}

In above code, when I run ID =1, everything is good and I got to the page/that I need, as shown below enter image description here

But for ID =2, it will return multiple addresses, and I need to select the 'FOREST RD 3' to open that link and go to a page similar to what I got when I ran ID =1 enter image description here

enter image description here

I have two questions here:

1 how to select the 'FOREST RD 3'. I right-clicked the page, and 'Inspect' the element, I can see 'FOREST RD 3' there but didnot find href.

2 how to add a if-checking inside of the loop, so the code can handle different cases, i.e., return with only one address (e.g, ID =1) , or multiple address (eg., ID) where I need to select the right one before I extract the data

I am new to RSelenium and I tried to google the solution, but unsuccessful. I wish someone could help me on this matter and would really appreciate that. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.