Senior Business Analyst
Full-Time / New York, United States
Acorn AI is looking for individuals who will help them tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using their proprietary Acorn AI platform and advanced analytics. The Integrated Evidence Senior Business Analyst will support the management of cross-functional analytics efforts, take ownership of performing analyses and synthesize insights to accelerate the development and commercialization of cloud-based analytics products like Synthetic Control Arm and Synthetic Control Database. At Acorn AI, they never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including Product, Delivery, Data Science, Sales, Marketing and Legal, to name a few. Successful candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s journey of powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Support management of Integrated Evidence projects involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling/machine learning, product design and development of cloud-based software products
- Work across an interdisciplinary team to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress and issues, facilitate team and customer-facing meetings
- Perform and share business analyses to guide decision making
- Participate in and support interactions with clients to collect business requirements and drive product commercialization, delivery and adoption
- Marketing: contribute to and coordinate product, event and demand marketing related activities
- Assist Sr. Director with the preparation of presentations to Acorn/Medidata teams and leadership
- Commercial: create content for, and assist with sales meetings, proposals, sales orders, and RFx
- Financial management: assist with inputs for pipeline tracking and sales/revenue forecasting
- Strong skills in project, timeline, issue and risk management required
- Strong interest in operations, KPI oversight, and strategy definition and implementation required
- Experience with healthcare, software, big data, data analytics encouraged
- Experience in client-facing roles required
- Strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills required
- Comfort working within a fast-paced environment
Your Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline (business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field)) and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree and 2 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated creative problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage work in teams of widely varying skills and levels
- Familiarity with analytics concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, data visualization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, great attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Nice to have(s) but not required…
- Support the current and future growth of commercial operations of the Acorn Integrated Evidence family of solutions
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Their products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving them the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, they pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.