Setting default version of R to be used by R Studio desktop

Is there a way to set the default version of R used by R studio desktop (2022.12.0+353)? It seems like when a new user launches Rstudio they are always prompted to select the version of R they wish to use. This only appears to happen on the first launch. I worry that this prompt may confuse some of our users.

I have tried to set it, as admin via tools > global options. However, if I launch R studio as another user who has not yet opened the software they receive the prompt to select the version of R.

I have another machine that is running rstudio desktop 2022.07.0+548 and if I look at the global options on that machine the R version text box displays a [DEFAULT] along with the [64bit] C:\etc... Is this something that changed with the new release? Or is there a setting I can configure to do the same in for version 2022.12?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.