Shadow graphics device error - cant open file for writing

Hi!

When trying to use any graphics functions in RStudio I get this error message:

Error in RStudioGD() :
Shadow graphics device error: r error 4 (R code execution error)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In grDevices:::png("C:/Users/hugoo/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpqoaTau/44ace5b21e2a47c8ab75707231bf2677.png", :
unable to open file 'C:/Users/hugoo/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpqoaTau/44ace5b21e2a47c8ab75707231bf2677.png' for writing
2: In grDevices:::png("C:/Users/hugoo/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpqoaTau/44ace5b21e2a47c8ab75707231bf2677.png", :
opening device failed

When starting Rstudio I also get an error message: Graphics error: Plot rendering error

I have no issues creating plots using the standard Rgui, the issue is isolated to RStudio.
I'm using the desktop version of Rstudio for windows.

The temp folder that RStudio is trying to write to is a read-only folder, could this be the issue? I've tried to turn off the read-only attribute of \temp as well as the specific \RtmpqoaTau folder but they keep reverting to read-only.

I've found multiple posts on other forums with people who have the same issue, but no solutions.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.