Sharing Shiny Example Site

Dear all:

I have a new published Shiny application designed primarily for psychometricians that implements analyses that are not found in any other software programs and am simply sharing for others to gather ideas. I find that many of the Shiny examples are a bit vanilla and don't take advantage of much CSS or other web-based features. This site is a basic shiny application with lots of conditional panels and CSS to make the user experience easy. There is also a fully embedded help section with online tutorials to guide the users on how to implement the various analyses contained.

https://shiny.airast.org/METRICS/

1 Like

Nicely done. Reminds me of Radiant but you have more focus on the modelling aspects.

0 Likes

Well done!
Maybe you can include an explanation how the inputs should be formatted or include a demo-data set?
Also: How did you arrange the 2 inputs for the export options in one row? This is something I miss for my app:
grafik
Thanks!

0 Likes

I typically use the functions fluidRow and column to arrange inputs in a single row.

0 Likes

So just adding 2 columns in the sidebarPanel?
Never thought about this, I somehow expected this doesn't work well. I will try it.

0 Likes

Yes. The bootstrap library (on which the typical Shiny UI is based on) is typically 12 columns for each row. So something like -

fluidRow(
  column(4, ...),
  column(2, ...),
  column(6, ...)
)

can be used to place three UI elements side by side. In this example, they occupy 4, 2 and 6 columns respectively.

0 Likes

@Matthias, if you click the "Help" tab on the nav bar and then choose a topic, there is a complete tutorial with descriptions and samples showing the data input requirements and how to run the various models for every analysis included in METRICS.

0 Likes

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

0 Likes