Shiny cannot Publish to Server

Cars_knit.html produces output on the viewer, but gives errors: (1) when I attempt to Publish it from the viewer and (2) when I attempt to Republish it. I have produced several html documents that successfully display locally but fail when I attempt to Republish them. If I could clear the shiny.io log file, then I expect it will work. Why? My first attempts of Republishing worked fine (i think.)

In Nov. 2017 another user got the same error but the issue was not resolved as far as I can determine.

Item (2) gives:
An error has occurred
The application failed to start (exited with code 1).
Error in enforcePackage(name, curVersion) : **
** The shiny package was not found in the library.

Calls: local ... eval -> eval -> eval -> -> enforcePackage
Execution halted

sessionInfo()
R version 3.4.4 (2018-03-15)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] Rcpp_0.12.16 digest_0.6.15 rprojroot_1.3-2 bitops_1.0-6 backports_1.1.2 magrittr_1.5
[7] evaluate_0.10.1 stringi_1.1.7 rmarkdown_1.9.8 RJSONIO_1.3-0 tools_3.4.4 stringr_1.3.0
[13] RCurl_1.95-4.10 yaml_2.1.18 rsconnect_0.8.8 compiler_3.4.4 htmltools_0.3.6 knitr_1.20

The log file is:
Loading required package: knitr
processing file: Cars_knit.Rmd
|......... | 14%
ordinary text without R code
|................... | 29%
label: setup (with options)
List of 1
include: logi FALSE |............................ | 43% ordinary text without R code |..................................... | 57% label: cars |.............................................. | 71% ordinary text without R code |........................................................ | 86% label: pressure (with options) List of 1 echo: logi FALSE
|.................................................................| 100%
ordinary text without R code
output file: Cars_knit.md
[1] "Cars_knit.md"

I forgot to mention that no shiny-server file are created.

PJO:~ PJO$ more /var/log/shiny-server.log
/var/log/shiny-server.log: No such file or directory