Shiny Contest Submission: tidytuesday.rocks — An Interactive Catalogue of #TidyTuesday Tweets from 2018.

Tidy Tuesday is a weekly social data project in R. Every week @thomas_mock and @R4DSCommunity post a new dataset and ask R users to explore it and share their findings on Twitter with #TidyTuesday. Since the first dataset was posted on April 2nd, 2018, there are now over 40 datasets and more than 800 TidyTuesday tweets from 221 users!

I built tidytuesday.rocks to make it easy to see how the community explored each dataset: the data transformations they applied, the plots they made, and the code that got them there. Use the options to filter tweets by dataset and sort them by date, likes, and retweets. My hope is that you will draw inspiration from the friendly and talented Tidy Tuesday community! And why not contribute your own visualization next Tuesday? :slight_smile:

Links

4 Likes

Planned a few months ago to try a #TidyTuesday round, but for one reason or another I've always been unable to give it the right time :zipper_mouth_face:

Definitely appreciated your app, which offers an easy tool to quickly browse through the submitted datasets and the community findings! Pinned in my browser's favorites!

1 Like

I'm glad you like it!

I think the trick is to:

1. Find a dataset you're really excited about (thankfully there are many to choose from at this point),
  2. Give yourself only a few hours to explore it and produce a first plot, and
  3. Share it!

Even if the plot is not quite what you hoped it would be, it's better to put something out into the universe (err, ... tidyverse?) than keep it hidden and unfinished on your computer.

I look forward to your first Tidy Tuesday post!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.