Description of issue - Can't load a range of packages, including 'shiny', 'devtools', 'car', 'plyr' despite using R version 3.6.1. I will use 'shiny' as example. When running install.packages('shiny') installation shows success. However, library(shiny) results in an error:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘shiny’ in FUN(X[[i]], ...):
no such symbol digest in package C:/Users/S603464/Documents/r/win-library/3.6/digest/libs/x64/digest.dll
Basically saying that one of 'shiny' dependencies 'digest' did not load properly.
Overall, this error as well as failure to install 'devtools', 'plyr' is consistent with using an older version of R. However, version is 3.6.1.
Steps taken so far -
- installing package 'digest' separately. Installation shows success but library(shiny) results in the same error.
- install.packages('shiny', dependencies=TRUE)
- downloading 'shiny' on the desktop, and installing from locally saved library
- changing CRAN mirror to local (UK) options
- install.packages("shiny", repo="http://cran.rstudio.org" ,type="source")
- running installation from R, not R studio.
- RStudio Edition: Server
- RStudio Version: Version 1.1.463
- OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise (on Virtual Machine) x64
- R Version: 3.6.1 (installed by the IT, not from open link)
- RStudio diagnostics report:
- RStudio crash report:
- RStudio application log files: