Shiny permissions with rmarkdown::render

I have a Shiny App that is locally running without errors. The app involves creating a tempfile for rendering a PDF and then downloading it. When deployed, the server disconnects when rendering the PDF. I am almost certain the problem lies in user permissions in my linux server where the shiny app is hosted.

I have tried sudo chown -R tvc:shiny-apps . and sudo chmod g+w and sudo chmod g+s within the app folder but no permissions changed. I am also not sure if I have to change permissions in the app folder, or if I have to change permissions in the temp folder.

Here is a sample of the code using tempfiles in the shiny server :

tmp_file <- paste0(tempfile(), ".pdf") #Creating the temp where the .pdf is going to be stored

render(caminho_rmd, 
             output_file = tmp_file,
             params = params, 
             envir = new.env())

report$filepath <- tmp_file #Assigning in the temp file where the .pdf is located to the reactive file created above

})

Here are user permissions for the files in the shiny app folder:

-rw-r--r-- 1 "user" "group" app.R (this is the shiny app)

I am confident the problem lies in the directory permissions, but I am not sure if I have to change permissions in the app folder, or if I have to change permissions in the temp folder.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.