shiny to production in ubuntu server

Hi,

I want to create and push to production a shiny application.

What I did :

1. developed a little application for testing (in ubuntu desktop)
  2. I also created an ubuntu server with virtualbox where I want to push the app.
  3. In remote server, I installed R and shiny package
  4. I copied my app folder in remote server with scp command and run it with runapp.r (an url is shown)

I tried to copy this url in chrome, but nothing happen, I have no access to the application.

I think is a config problem but I'm stuck right now

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You need to install shiny-server in your remote server and then copy your app's folder into /srv/shiny-server/

3 Likes

I can successfully access the app using a private IP and the default port used in shiny-server. I would like to know how to make it accessible to people from outside the network. I have my public IP but I don't know what the corresponding port is. Can you help me accomplish this?

Thanks

You need to configure port forwarding in your router so traffic from port 3838 gets redirected to your server IP (or port 80 if you have configured a reverse proxy). Each router brand and model has a different user interface so I can't give you detailed instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.