Shinyapp displays only on left-half of the screen

After a forced reboot yesterday evening, my shinyapp which was working fine in RStudio for the last 10 months has started displaying only on the left-half of the browser window in edge. The right-half is a blue screen as shown in the picture below. The problem persists on chrome and IE also.

I have restarted R, RStudio and even rebooted the laptop multiple times. I did try the following

shinyApp(ui, server, options = list(width = '100%'))

The plot and sidebar seem to be fixed. When I reduce/increase the screen width only the blue part decreases/increases. In addition, my first menuitem is cannot be triggered. That is when the app opens, it displays the contents of the home page, but once I select any other menuitem, I cannot go back to home page.

I would appreciate any suggestion to resolve this issue. Perhaps there is a browser setting or js or css code that can override this setting.

Hi,

Welcome to the RStudio community!

First of all, is this only happening with this particular app and in the Edge browser, or with all apps and in all browsers?

Issues with Shiny code can stem from both the reactive Shiny code itself or the regular R code used in the functions. In order for us to help you with your question, please provide us a minimal reproducible example (Reprex) where you provide a minimal (dummy) dataset and code that can recreate the issue. One we have that, we can go from there. For help on creating a Reprex, see this guide:

Good luck!
PJ

Thank you for your response. This issue is only in one app. Other apps are not affected. It appears that recent update to edge interferes with my custom.css. Once I comment out that line, the blue screen disappears. Most of the customization is not necessary now as I am using dashboard themes. The second issue of only first menuitem not being active is due to image being included in the title bar of the dashboardHeader() with a tags$li(a(href=...,img(src=...), class="dropdown")). It works fine with a icon(), or using tags$img(..) instead of img(...). Please note that the opensource consortium setting the rules on how the code should be processed did make a rule change recently. This affected my app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.