Shinyapp.io Error: Paths should be to files within the project directory

Im running a market basket analysis and deploying app to shinyapp.io when i run the app locally all works find but when i deploy the message targets the path shown below at the my data line with the following error: "Paths should be to files within the project directory" I have the r code and data in the directory and I'm lost at what this correction could be any help appreciated

#READ IN DATA
mydata  <- read_excel("F:/computer files/saving MB data all ID with loans_combine.xlsx")

Shinyapps.io doesn't have access to your f: so rewrite your paths to be relative to your working directory

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion--so the good news is the error is gone however when I deploy i get this error message but where do I find the log files
ERROR: An error has occurred. Check your logs or contact the app author for clarification.

new directory used that canceled first path error
mydata <- read_excel("C:/GKVPR MB/saving MB data all ID with loans_combine.xlsx")

You can use the rsconnect::showLogs() function to show the log messages of a deployed application

This is also an absolute path, that wouldn't exist o shinyapps.io.
You can not anticipate knowing the drives on their computer systems. Do time absolute paths, use relative paths. I'm sure you can google around the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.