paid / full-time / Amadora, Portugal
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- Amadora, Portugal
- Information Technology
Looking for your next big challenge? We might be able to help you.
Your challenge will be…
- Work with large, complex data sets and applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Perform strategic data analysis and research within SAP data structures to support business processes and strategy and discuss results with team leads and customers.
- Run PoCs and Pilots projects to investigate and prove the feasibility and benefits of the proposed solutions
- Interact with multiple stakeholders (from different levels) and effectively present findings by exploiting visual displays of complex quantity information in a simplified way
- Identify and develop intelligent and innovative data analytics use cases to optimize business processes
- Be the partner of choice regarding technology advisory for advanced analytics
- Actively and proactively perform market/trend scouting to stay up to date on the state-of-the-art technologies
- Run secure database services in a cloud environment, while maintaining ISEC rules and Export Control & Customs compliance.
Does this sound good? Our perfect candidate must have…
- Knowledge in advanced data analytics/data science
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or related field
- Skilled in applying algorithmic models and are well acquainted with the properties and limits of a diverse set of established as well as state-of-the-art models, as well as validating the model results against the stated business objectives
- Know-how on Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) of Big Data in enterprise environments (e.g., SAP, Oracle), cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure), as well as familiarity of data architecture requirements and conceptual approaches for deploying algorithmic solutions in Big Data productive environments
- Comfortable working in programming languages like SQL, Python and R, as well as with frameworks like Tensorflow and Keras; experience developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Experience with cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Fluency in English
- Stay abreast of new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization and seek creative ways of applying emerging and state-of-the-art algorithmic approaches in real world business applications
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience on collecting business requirements and traduce it into solution designs
- Very good communication and presentation skills
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 700 employees with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, User Experience, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
Our Office Perks
Fresh fruit and coffee, remote work, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, sushi&pizza days, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to foster agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time