Signing commits on RStudio / RStudio server with gpg?

Hey!

Is there a way to sign commits with gpg while you are on the RStudio interface? On the server version gives me an error and I can't find a way to make it work. The only workaround is to do the commit on terminal.

Have you tried following these instructions? You might have to install libgpgme-dev on the server where you’re hosting rstudio.

If that doesn’t work, you may need to post more details (e.g. what error are you getting?) to get better help!

EDIT: since the link above gives a 404 error today, here is an alternative resources on this topic,

1 Like

I'll try that and it seems like really cool. Do you know if that works over the server version?

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't (as long as you have the permissions to install libgpgme, if it isn't already).

But I haven't personally tried to sign commits from RStudio Server--so let us know whether following those instructions ends up working or not!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.