SIMPER test: only return species of statistical significance?

I am a little new to conducting microbiome analyses and doing it in R. I am interested in performing a SIMPER test to see what species are driving compositional differences in different sampling sites. I was successful in performing the SIMPER test using vegan. I am working with a very large dataset and when I summarize the test summary(simper), it returns thousands of lines of text on the console and I cannot get through it all, and the lines cut off after 1000. I am wondering if it's possible to ONLY return those species of statistical significance?

Here is my code:

pc = read.csv("water.csv", header = TRUE)
com = pc[,6:ncol(pc)]
m_com = as.matrix(com)
simper <- simper(m_com, group = pc$Location, permutations = 999)
summary(simper)

I played around with the 'digits' portion of the 'summary' option (summary(simper, ordered = TRUE, digits = max(3)) but this only changed the number of decimal places in the results. I have also increased the output using options(max.print=1000000) but there is still so much data.

I would like to only view those of significance if possible. Any help is appreciated. Thank you all.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.