paid / full-time / Amsterdam, Netherlands
Skilllab BV builds technological solutions to one of the most pressing issues of our time: the integration of marginalized job seekers such as refugees, workers affected by COVID-19 or at risk of automation into local labour markets.
We seek a talented and empathetic team-player to join our team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Senior Data Scientist will work in our cross-functional product and engineering team as one of our early hires to help set the technical direction and develop algorithms behind our data-driven and easy-to-use mobile and web-based solutions. With a primary focus on machine learning based features, the role includes responsibility to further develop our ML-based skill assessment engine, which was selected as a winner of the 2019 Google AI Impact challenge.
This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate to have a positive impact on society, develops clean and robust code and is ready to grow in responsibilities to eventually coordinate our data science team.
Amongst others, responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain existing and new machine learning algorithms
- Write code to analyse and evaluate data
- Effectively communicate data findings with other team members using reporting tools and visualization libraries
- Collaborate with our customer success team and product manager to identify and define pain points, suggesting other ways to solve existing problems within the application and quantitatively measuring progress
- Analyse labour market data including existing job classification systems, but also regular job postings possibly using topic modelling techniques
- Advocate to future proof data collection allowing for smooth development of further machine-learning based components within our software applications
- Ensure designs and code created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions
- Eventually, build, and guide the data science team
SkillLab is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion at the workplace. We welcome applications of candidates from all backgrounds.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of Python and R including libraries such as numpy, flask, matplotlib and ggplot. R’s Shiny library and Python PyTorch or TensorFlow are a plus.
- Experience with scanning the literature, ideating, developing and evaluating models
- Ability to take responsibility for the user-focused product and advocate for the user
- Experience working with REST APIs and SQL
- Interest in macroeconomic trends in the field of labour markets and job-related developments for individuals
- Experience working on DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Google CloudBuild) and unit is a plus
- Some experience of data reporting tools such as Google Data Studio, Microsoft BI or Tableau is a plus
- Work on an exciting project to solve a major societal problem
- Build and nurture the team together with our engineers, customer success team and product manager
- Compensation that matches your experience and the chance to quickly grow together with your responsibilities
- The ability to choose your desired development set-up
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam with flexibility to work remotely