paid / remote (US preferred) / full-time
Data Science Operations Engineer
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models.
In order to champion this growth, we are hiring a Data Science Operations Engineer to support, improve and manage our data science infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Support our data science environments to ensure that they are available, secure, and correctly sized
- Design new computing systems to support Socure’s continued growth
- Integrate analytic environments into our machine learning and data platforms
- Partner with Client Analysis data scientists and ML Ops team to plan for server and container requirements for model training and deployment
What you’ll bring
- You have managed a server that multiple data scientists have used to accomplish their work
- You understand the compute requirements of data science work, and how to optimize server resources for that work
- You care about efficient workflows that strike a balance between flexibility for the user and the elimination of friction
- You have an unflagging empathy for users and a passion for creating comfortable and natural user experiences
Technical skill requirements
- Linux administration
- Bash programming
- Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to haves
- Experiencing running a data science server (Rstudio Workbench, Jupyter server or similar)
- Experience as a data scientist, data engineer or data analyst
- Python packaging
- Experience working in a cloud environment like AWS
Technologies you’ll use
- Rstudio Workbench
- Rstudio Connect
- AWS (S3, Redshift, EKS, ECR)
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Competitive base salary
Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
Parental leave and fertility support
401K with company match
Stipend to supply your home office
Annual professional development stipend