paid / full-time / New York or remote
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are currently looking for a Lead Data Scientist to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
What You'll Do:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
Nice to Have:
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Free meals, snacks, and drinks...and so much more