[SOLVED] Error 403 while using the function fileInput to upload some PDF files

Hi everyone!

I'm developing a shiny app that allows a user to upload some PDF files and then I'll analyze the content of those files.

I have a list of 65 PDF files to import, and when I try to import them all together, I get this error:

Full error message here:

<html> <head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head> <body> <center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

To see which file(s) were causing the error, I imported the files again (but divided in smaller groups) and I was able to find 2 files that gave me the error message above.
The thing is: I'm using apache2 and I have the error logs activated and there is no new error message in the logs, so it doesn't seem to be an apache2 issue. But when I check the R console, there's also no error message. So the questions is: where does the error message came from?

2 important points:

• I'm running the app in an ubuntu server with apache2 and I get this error. But I also ran the exact same app in my windows PC and I don't see the error message (the files were uploaded just fine).

• The 2 PDF files that triggered the error have the same structure:

But from my point of view, it seems like a normal PDF file. Does anybody knows how to fix this issue?
Or is there any alternative to the fileInput() function?

Thanks in advance,
Silvano

EDIT: it was a very specific issue in my server that was blocking some requests, but it wasn't R's or Apache's fault.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.