Specifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other options in rserver.conf in RStudio.cloud

I need to set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include some .so that a third-party package (binary only) depends upon at loading. If I was on my own installation of RStudio Server I would add these to /etc/rstudio/rserver.conf and restart the service, but I'm using RStudio.cloud.

Is there a way to specify equivalent options to /etc/rstudio/rserver.conf for an RStudio.cloud session?

NB: I have tried dyn.load() and also exporting the variables directly from system() and from the terminal. The third party package is not available as source so I cannot specify any options via R CMD build and so on.

Have you tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH via an .Renvrion file? RStudio Cloud doesn't permit customization of the rserver.conf configuration file.

Hmm - placed in the root of /cloud/project and restarting the R session, presumably?

Yes. You can read more about it here. https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047157094-Managing-R-with-Rprofile-Renviron-Rprofile-site-Renviron-site-rsession-conf-and-repos-conf

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.