paid / full-time / Stockholm, Sweden
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a collaborative and proactive data scientist to join the data science and data engineering team in the Playback tribe. In our tribe, we own a big part of the core Spotify experience. From encoding, through delivery, download to audio/video decoding and playback. We keep Spotify running efficiently and help drive both significant user experience improvements and cost savings for Spotify in the long-term.
What you’ll do
- Work in a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers, product managers and engineers who are passionate about our consumer experience across platforms and partners.
- Engage broadly with the tribe to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure complex and ambiguous challenges, where analytics projects or tools can have the biggest impact.
- Articulate business questions and use mathematical techniques to generate answers using data.
- Both build tools and teach skills related to data to other members of our tribe.
- Work from our awesome offices in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
Who you are
- You deeply value cooperation and collaboration with others while solving complex problems and you really want to make a difference
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, or other quantitative discipline
- You are comfortable working in a process-light organization and embrace a little bit of uncertainty into your every day
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java or C++ and the ability to work with software engineers
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience with applied machine learning for clustering, classification, and regression
- Statistical modelling experience (such as time series forecasting and A/B testing)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.