Stan on Rstudio cloud not working

Hi,

I just came across RStudio Cloud with Stan -- https://rstudio.cloud/project/56157

This is awesome (and I wish it was the first link on the Stan website)!

That said, I can't seem to get it to work for me. When I try to fit the 8schools example, I get the error below. Note that when I test the C++ toolchain using pkgbuild::has_build_tools(debug = TRUE) the response is "TRUE".

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! In file included from file1477c74dd4c.cpp:8:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/src/stan/model/model_header.hpp:4:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math.hpp:4:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/rev/mat.hpp:12:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/prim/mat.hpp:276:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/prim/mat/prob/dirichlet_rng.hpp:5:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/BH/include/boost/random/gamma_distribution.hpp:25:
In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/BH/include/boost/random/exponential_distribution.hpp:27:
In file
In addition: Warning message:
In system(cmd, intern = !verbose) :
running command '/opt/R/3.5.3/lib/R/bin/R CMD SHLIB file1477c74dd4c.cpp 2> file1477c74dd4c.cpp.err.txt' had status 1
Error in sink(type = "output") : invalid connection

Unfortunately, changes to the Stan compiler have caused compilation of code to exceed the 1 GB RAM limit of Cloud. The Stan and RStudio teams seem to be working together on this, but it does not seem to be resolved, yet.

For more, see the bottom of this thread: https://discourse.mc-stan.org/t/stan-now-mostly-working-on-rstudio-cloud/5725/46

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.