Standard errors

Hi all :smile:
I have reaction times (as a dependent variable), which I log-translate using the natural logarithm, to get it normally distributed. Then I run a regression on the log-translated data. I translated the values back using an exponential transformation.

My question - how do I account for the standard errors? Should I state their values after the transformation or not? Where can I find a relevant code?

Your suggestions and help are much appreciated. Thank you!

When reporting, you'd usually report the coefficients of the log-transformed data along with the relevant standard errors, before transforming back to exponential.

The transformation back would be used when predicting from a model, and for this you usually wouldn't use the standard error, you'd use confidence intervals to provide a level of accuracy. The confidence intervals would also be calculated from your model, and then exponentiated to provide an accurate interval.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.