Star Trek Computer Console - 2020 Shiny Contest Submission

Star Trek Computer Console

Authors: Matt Leonawicz
Working with Shiny for 1+ years

Abstract: This app recreates the computer console interface from the popular science fiction television series, Star Trek.

Full Description: This app recreates the computer console interface from the popular science fiction television series, Star Trek. This is done using the lcars package (LCARS: Library Computer Access/Retrieval System). GitHub

It features the familiar console aesthetic, themed custom widgets, custom-generated simple CRS (non-geographic) map tiles and accompanying leaflet maps.

The app is designed to showcase some of the features and styles available in the package. The map tiles generated with the tiler package are of the Star Trek fictional universe and include some georeferenced points of interest.

This app is included in version 0.3.5 of lcars. Load library(lcars) and launch the app with lcarsApp("leaflet").

Category: Shiny extensions
Keywords: shiny extensions, custom themes, custom widgets, leaflet, maps
Shiny app: Posit Cloud
Repo: lcars/inst/shiny/leaflet at master · leonawicz/lcars · GitHub
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail:

Full image:

6 Likes

Your link to the Shiny app is just the RStudio Cloud link again.

Yeah, it wouldn't let me submit without filling in that field. I don't have a self-hosted app link at the moment.

Update: I have this hosted on shinyapps.io now: Star Trek computer console

1 Like

long time ago...a very interesting dasboard :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.