Start up issues

Hi,

Everytime, I start up RStudio, a small window pops up reading ' The Git command requires command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now?'. The very first thing, I really have no idea what it means and why it always shows up. Second, when I click on the 'install' button, it asks for more than 130 hours to download the command-line tool. I was wondering somebody could help with it, please. Adding more, I can't connect RStudio to Github, not sure if this has something to do with what I just mentioned above. :smiley:

I think the error message is self explanatory, the RStudio IDE requires "command line developers tools" to be installed in your system in order to be able to interact with Git, and yes, that is exactly why you can't connect RStudio to GitHub (BTW this means connecting to the GitHub repository, not connecting to the GitHub Desktop software).

If the installation means RStudio provides are taken too long, you can install it yourself from another source.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.