The Department of Statistics at Oregon State University / OR, USA / full-time
The Department of Statistics at Oregon State University invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 9-month Instructor position. This position teaches 8-10 undergraduate and graduate statistics and data science courses per academic year, in face-to-face and on-line settings. The position is expected to use subject matter and pedagogy expertise to improve course delivery over time. The position is expected to demonstrate a commitment to teaching diverse sets of learners in an inclusive environment. The position is expected to maintain a high standard of collegiality, professional integrity and willingness to accept and cooperate in assignments.
The anticipated start date is September 16, 2019.
- Graduate degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related discipline
- Evidence of training in pedagogy
- Experience of effective teaching in face-to-face and online university, or comparable, settings
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Evidence of strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate to diverse and disparate audiences
- Evidence of collegiality and collaboration
- Evidence of experience in developing online courses
- Experience and interest in teaching data science
- Experience developing teaching videos or online demonstrations of statistical concepts
Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Application Deadline: May 27, 2019
For more details about the position and the application guidelines, please go to the OSU jobs website at https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/ (posting number: P02949UF).