Strange error with bake function in recipes

Hello Team,

Running into a strange or rare error, when trying to run bake function on new data with a trained recipe object.

The recipe is prepared in R v3.4.2 and 0.1.1 of recipes (say Env-1) by someone else in my org., but the prepared recipe object is saved as a list object which was made available to access for use and is accessed as " list1$list2$ ". I am trying to reproduce an error caused by running a statement like : ( on my local machine with R v3.6.2 with 0.1.13 recipes version (say Env-2) )

out_data <- bake(list1$list2$ , new_data = newdata[1, ] ) gave below error

Error in vapply(object$steps, function(x) x$skip, logical(1)) :
values must be length 1, but FUN(X[[1]]) result is length 0

The original error when running the same above piece of code on Env-1 gave - ERROR : ## arguments imply differing number of rows: x, y ## data.frame...FALSE.

(All the steps leading to this error causing statement are correct and are working appropriately in both environments)

Kindly help on below please :

1. The reason I see a strange error like this in my local machine or Env-2 (is it only because of version change - but I am using an updated recipes version? ) and what that error could mean - could not get proper help googling!
  2. The difference in error messages while running the same piece of code in different environments (Env-1 & Env-2)

A reproducible example will be best but knowing the details is the only way to help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.