Sudden Keyboard input lag

Hej,

Since a couple weeks I have a noticable input lag between keyboard presses and characters appearing in Rstudio. Which - makes it a pain to use. I don't have any such lag in any other application / program - not here in this browser window, either.

I've spent some time over the last couple days searching for solutions / that issue but nothing really matches. It used to be a problem in a previous version several years ago; someone had the problem when connected to their companies LAN network; neither are the causes here. I haven't added any packages; am with the same current version of RStudio the whole time - the lag just simply appeared. And I am not sure why.

Even with a new file, none others open, all environments cleared and Rstudio not even remotely taxing processor or ram. I am on an 4k display - which might be part of the reason / why the render engine might struggle (from a thread a couple years back) - but then ... it didn't use to be a problem.

Any ideas how to whittle down causes?

All the best,
-Mnemon

Writing things down sometimes helps with conclusions. Forced the rendering engine to Desktop Open GL rather than Automatic in the advanced options - and that seems to have fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.