Summarizing the Tidymodels Framework

Hi everyone,

I recently started learning about the Tidymodels framework. The introductory 5 lessons on the Tidymodels website were very informative and clearly written Great work!

I read the first three lessons, and I am onto the 4th lesson (Tune model parameters). As I was reading up, I made a quick reference guide for me (which on the spectrum lies somewhere between a cheatsheet and a thorough document), that further tries to capture the essence of the entire modeling process in Tidymodels, from the start to the end.

Here is the link to the PDF (as of now the PDF summarizes Articles 1, 2 and 3 from the Tidymodels Getting Started series of articles, in future when, I will add to this document summarizing the remaining 2 articles, I will re-post the link to the updated PDF): Link to PDF.

You can jump to specific sections, but I recommend reading it from start to the end, as it starts explaining from scratch and progresses to explaining how to build up individual parts of the model, step by step (in a similar order as detailed in the first 3 Articles of the Tidymodels documentation) and ending up with a finished model. It is a summary document, so a lot of what it tells, can be read in greater detail on the Tidymodels website. Also, some parts in these notes are taken as is from the Tidymodels Articles.

I find it useful to refer to it now and then, to refresh my concepts and also to see where each step lies in the entire modelling process, relative to others.

If you are an expert at Tidymodels, you might find limited use for this document. But, for someone beginning with Tidymodels, this may be a useful guide.

If you find any errors, please correct those and repost the updated PDF (specifying the errors you corrected), or if you'd like to add to this document, feel free to do so and repost the updated PDF (with mention of the added sections).

Thanks,
Aarsh

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.