RStudio / support / full-time
Remote, but located in The United Kingdom
As a Support Engineer, you will own support interactions from start to finish, acting as the face of RStudio. Along the way, you will have opportunities to influence processes and products as you interact with multiple systems and teams to drive an exceptional customer experience. You will be working primarily by email, with occasional web conferences, to provide courteous and timely support to customer queries, driving resolution as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Our technical support engineers analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to find root causes, and communicate steps to reproduce to the engineering team; write and edit product documentation to provide proactive solutions for customers; and identify and communicate potential product improvements based on customer feedback.
Our customers range from IT professionals to R aficionados to business leaders, so customer questions will have a great deal of variety. If you enjoy diagnosing and solving diverse technical issues with talented and amiable colleagues, this role could be for you.
This position will cover GMT business hours, and you can be located anywhere in the United Kingdom. You must have the legal authorization to work in the UK, as evidenced by a valid EU passport or national identity card. While we do have a small presence in the UK today, this is our first support position there, so you will be instrumental in building strong relationships with our European customers.
Candidates for this role must have a passion for informing, teaching, and troubleshooting in collaboration with customers and colleagues. We believe that support tickets represent opportunities for improvement, so we value analysis, reflection, and critical thought on the team.
The following skills are required:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience providing technical support to system administrators, developers, or data scientists
- Strong Linux administration skills
In addition, we prefer experience with:
- R or other data science languages or applications
- Scripting languages, software development or testing
- Process improvement or automation
- Mentorship, leadership, or project management
We are committed to the open-source R community, and on a mission to make R awesome. Our startup culture is smart, driven, customer-focused and nonsense-free. If you have a background in R, are a keen problem-solver, and love helping people, we’d love to talk to you.
People all over the world are turning to R, an open source statistical language, to make sense of data. Inspired by the innovations of R users in science, education, and industry, RStudio develops free and open tools for R and enterprise-ready professional products for teams to scale and share work. Our goal is to empower users to be productive with R.
We are a lean, distributed team, passionate about making R accessible to people all over the world, regardless of economic means. We are an organization that values talent, humility, and hard work over hierarchy.
- We are 100% remote
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- All our full-time employees are given an allowance to outfit their home office
- We have a flexible environment with excellent benefits and a “take what you need” vacation policy
- Positive, passionate culture working with a world-class team committed to data science and the R language
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.