swirl package problem

i am just getting started with R (doing harvard online courses), and the first thing they asked me is to install the swirl package and i cant seem to be able to do that. help please?

There is a difference between loading a package with library(), as you are doing in your screenshot, and installing a package with install.packages().
Try with this command

install.packages("swirl")

i did the install.packages("swirl") alone as u said, it said i should install Rtools, i installed and then it tells me that it doesnt work and i need to make a personal library instead, i agree and it still doesnt work:

You have to run Rstudio as administrator to been able to install on that folder.
Also, please do not post screenshots, they are hard to read and not very useful, post formatted code instead

will do. it worked man thank you very much!

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.