System dependency on xclip for reprex (in general, using reprex with clipboard)

I see this issue raised in a number of places for different system-level libraries.

I wanted to see if xclip could be made part of the default installation, to support using the reprex package.

Thanks!

You can use reprex package on Rstudio Cloud, you just can't use it with the terminal clipboard content, but you can manually paste the code into the function call.

Even if xclip was installed, you wouldn't have access to the terminal clipboard, because there is no ssh connection with X11 forwarding between the terminal and the server, or at least I don't know how to configure this, do you know how to do it? If you do, please share with us, it would be awesome to use reprex with the clipboard on Rstudio server.

2 Likes

Good point! I don't know how to use reprex with the clipboard on RStudio Server - I ran into the xclip problem and thought that was the only roadblock :slight_smile:

Thanks for the workaround - I was using reprex_addin(), myself.

Like you, I am interested in the larger question...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.